Wednesday, March 12, 2008

उन्स्पोकें racism

This letter to
the editor is the biggest crock, what because they didn't run up to
the I'm going to say Indian because of the paper and say be my friend
and give hugs and stuff, hell I guess you can't walk out of your house
anymore without someone being offended. This presumed Indian, how can
they prove that these people where skin heads to begin with. Oh I know
they must have been bald and had some form of tattoos on them, or was
it the straight arm that gave them away~ ( being a smart ass at the insinuation)



I guess she doesn't see much of the public and the so called
fashion/trends in America."shaved heads, tattoos, piercings, attitudes
etc(everyone is not a skinhead that has these, how many does she know
or encountered before)"


Alright if she wants to shout Unspoken racism
then I have a huge list of unspoken racism Hate directed at Proud
Whites, while out and about. With the looks you may get, the comments
etc.


Example in point: While I was in downtown Columbus me and a friend where walking down the street, saw a group of blacks dressed in "Red" aka Bloods horse playing crossing the street, no problem. They began to surround us, I stuck my arm out to stop my friend from walking any further because I knew we'd more the likely be jumped and beaten down as so many others in Columbus have been that is reported when there is a death, but other then that no one wants to talk about it. My friend stopped, and this over 6foot tall "Blood"was looking at me like wtf female dog, and i just stared back at him not moving until him and the others walked in the opposite direction. There is no doubt in my mind if we would have kept going we would have been attacked.(I have a blog posted about this incident.....go figure lol) I have many other incidents I could go into, but won't, that was far worse then what this lady even came close to experiencing. I called Mayor Coleman's office left a message, call never returned, I emailed his office several other times and I haven't heard a thing from him. Let some Muslims get rocks thrown at them while walking out of a Mosque by African Americans and Homeland Security gets called in. I call that alone a REVERSE RACIAL ATTACK.


(this may have not made a lot of sense, because I wrote it before I went to bed, I've made changes since)






Mississauga News Logo
Editorial & Opinion

Unspoken racism - The Mississauga News - Mississauga.com http://www.mississauga.com/article/12042

Unspoken racism

EMAIL PRINT REPORT TYPO


Bookmark/Search this post with:
Delicious Digg Reddit Newsvine Facebook Google Yahoo

By: M. Rochelle Jones

March 11, 2008 10:45 PM - Dear Editor:
Re: Hate Crime Down in Peel, Feb. 29 edition
Although I was happy to read the incidences of reported hate crimes are down in Peel Region, it still saddens me that the seeds of racism continue to plague our community.
Having lived in Mississauga for 20 years and being part of the multicultural change the city has experienced, I am concerned individuals and groups continue to be negatively targeted. We live in an era where all people should feel safe to practice their respective cultures and religions with dignity and acceptance. Racial minorities, gays and lesbians equally ought to have a sense of security in our community whereby the region nurtures inclusion of all forms of diversity.
I felt compelled to write this letter because, on the same day that I read the article, I encountered three 'skinheads' while walking home. My sense of safety was lost that evening. While nothing defamatory occurred, I realized racism is subtle enough to negatively affect you even though cruel words and violent actions are not necessarily exchanged.
The hate these three individuals represented was shockingly real, yet my incident with them was nothing that could be reported to local authorities. Similarly, what I found most disturbing about the event was that all three were adolescents. Children and youths are our future and need our collective protection from such harmful beliefs.
Mississauga is my home, and I am proud to be a member of such a diverse and thriving community. Racism and hate encumber our progress as a city that welcomes people from around the world. It is time for everyone to take a stand against racism. The stakes are too great if nothing is done to stop it.

No comments: