Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Irish Athletes Helping Breezy Points’ Irish American Community.


I cried after I saw this on the news and it made me prouder then I already am of my Irish Heritage ~ Shera
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking newsworld news, and news about the economy
After Hurricane Sandy tore through the heart of Breezy Point in Queens, one of the most Irish neighborhoods in America, a group of Irish GAA superstars took it upon themselves to travel twice across the Atlantic to help with the rebuilding.
Their hard work culminated on Sunday with the re-opening of the Monsignor Connelly Parish Center, part of St. Thomas More parish.
Twenty members and supporters of the Gaelic Players Association (GPA) in Ireland traveled to Breezy Point on their second trip last Thursday, courtesy of Aer Lingus, and the Irish government announced a commitment of $50,000 to facilitate the rebuilding of the facility. MORE

Short URL: http://www.newsnet14.com/?p=119294

No comments: