PDF: Racial Formation and Anti-Somali Ideologies in Central OhioAnita M. Waters
|Has Minnesotas state house flown the Somali flag like Ohios? Pictures don't lie!|
Our Mission <<< remember this is from 2010 too
To advocate and promote self-sufficiency to the whole family through employment, education, cultural and social support and economic empowerment for immigrants...read more
Somali Community Highlights
- 45,000+ Somali live in Ohio.
- 25% of Somalis Immigrants speak English well enough to get a job, especially the young people.
- 40% have become citizens of the United States of America
- 80% live with their families
- Average Family has 7-8 members
- 99.9% of Somali are Muslims
- 57% are eligible to become U.S. Citizens
- More than Four Hundred Somali business have been created by Somalis.
- More than One Thousand of Somali's are attending Ohio Colleges and Universities.
- The number of Somali's living in central Ohio will continue to increase in the next 5 years
- Unemployment is rate is higher 5% then state average rate.
It is crucial that greater services at a higher level are offered to our community's neediest families. Below is a list of services we have improved for 2010:
Immigrants moving out of cities to suburbs; Minnesota Somali example « Refugee Resettlement Watch