Friday, February 29, 2008

Pull The Plug on E-Voting



I know this is from a few years ago, but you should always be cautious about this and Electronic Voting!

Pull the Plug on E-Voting


By Bruce O'Dell
OpEd News

Wednesday 25 October 2006

The FBI is investigating the "possible theft" of the Diebold touch screen voting software in Maryland. Excuse me ... but I fail to see what all the fuss is about. I certainly don't condone theft; it's just that I don't understand why anyone would bother with stealing the Diebold source code - or why anyone would take the time to read it.

Don't get me wrong: I've spent twenty five years in the financial services industry helping to protect billions of dollars of other people's money. I designed internet security services as an employee of American Express to protect the online financial identities of hundreds of thousands of people, and recently spent a year at one of the twenty largest companies in America as chief architect of a project to replace the foundation of all their internal and external security systems. I understand risks from thieves and embezzlers - I've designed financial audit and control systems. In the world I work in, there's no room for excuses.
*********

Some Question Security of E-Voting Machines

By John Daley
KSL

Wednesday 25 October 2006




Two weeks before Election Day and red flags are still going up about new electronic voting machines in Utah and nationally.

The big question is ... are the machines, and by definition even the elections, secure?

As voters go to the polls, it's a whole new world. But there's a ghost of doubt hovering over the elections of 2006, thanks to the debacle of Florida in 2000.

After more problems in Ohio in 2004, it's safe to say there's a growing perception our votes could be corrupted.

The solution mandated by Congress - new electronic voting machines, costing 3-thousand dollars a piece compared to 49 dollars for the punch card.



Read the rest of these two articles on my blog:

Pull the Plug on E-Voting + Some Question Security of E-Voting Machines (elections)


Related posts:
Severe Election Problems Seen in 10 States By Jason Leopold

Stealing the Midterms and the Power of Myth by Mike Whitney (elections)

Elections/Voting/Ballots

No comments: